12 Oct 2024 09:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting Kenned Ham, without paying.
From: Warp
Date: 18 Nov 2007 19:26:49
Message: <4740d849@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >   Btw, why is it that every time I express my opinion that we should
> > respect other people and not make fun of them nor insult them, I get
> > strong opposition? This is something that always keeps puzzling me.
> >
> My guess is that it is the way you express that opinion.

  And my guess that part of the problem is that people want to read
more than there is. In this case they wanted to see me defending young
earth creationism only because I opposed page which sole purpose seemed
to be to mock some museum dedicated to that, even though I made quite
clear that I opposed only the mockery, the making fun of other people,
nothing else.

  In other cases, however, I just can't understand it. For example if
I say that we should not make fun of the head of state of another country,
people opposed me like mad. No rational explanation for that came up in
the lengthy flamewar. I still can't understand this.

--
                                                          - Warp